Fearless by Lauren Roberts

Saturday, July 25, 2026

        


Synopsis 

She fled as a betrayer. She returned as a bride-to-be.


Ordinary-born Paedyn Gray was prepared for a death sentence, not a proposal. After killing the king, marriage to his son, Kitt, was the last thing she—or the kingdom—expected. But with her role as queen, Paedyn would have the chance to unite Ilya and create a kingdom where Ordinaries live alongside Elites without fear.


With a decision looming, Paedyn battles between her head, her heart, and the hidden trials she now faces. Through it all, Kai Azer fights to call her his, even if it means defying his king. Are vows strong enough to unite a kingdom? Or will betrayal break them? The choice between sacrifice and self has never been more difficult . . . or deadly.


The final installment in the epic and sizzling fantasy romance trilogy that's taken the world by storm.



Review


Finally completed the series!!
Did I get the ending I hoped for... yes!
But I stand by my thoughts that Reckless and Fearless could have been 1 book.
In an attempt to gain everyone's trust Paedyn is sent out on her own trials. Get a crown. Deliver roses and... Kill Kai!
The whole time, i was willing someone to come to their senses and end the debacle of the wedding and yet they don't and as the truths come spilling out and the world of the royals becomes a chaotic mess... nothing. 

Thankfully Paedyn completes the trials. She marries Kitt, but not before sleeping with Kai.
And after the ring is on the finger...
SPOILER alert going forward FYI
We find out Kitts mother, had an ordinary baby with her Calum. Calum of the revolution. Believing he was the father, the king had his advisor destroy the child. Instead he dropped the baby - Paedyn on Adams door step...
So the new king and queen are half siblings.
Not only that. the timeline now no longer makes sense and after some digging... Kai is not the kings biological son. But because of his powers, the king raised him as such.

Kitt on the other hand is suddenly getting sicker and downright crazier. But it takes forever for anyone to act concerned. And it's in the end that we discover that he's been infected by the plague. a plague intended to wipe out everyone but the elites. The roses were also poisened. 
Paedyn was also never meant to survive her trials. Oh and the Kai she was meant to kill, was in fact Mak. He dies. which I hated. 

And yeah, Kitt. Deceased. So that means, Paedyn and Kai can actually be together... don't know what happened to Kai's mother though...

I liked it. could have been shorter and I wouldn't read it again. BUT..BUT I am glad I read it and stuck to the series because it was a good plot.






















Post a Comment

@themoonlitchapter_

© The Moonlit Chapter. Design by FCD.